Thursday 24 January 2013

Week 3

Uni Life

University has been pretty hard for me,
Lots of new faces, little time and no money.
The change is not what I expected it to be,
My boyfriend tries to tell me "it'll be alright honey".

My grades dropped, theyv'e gotten low,
It has made grade school seem like a big joke.
I miss the friends I used to know,
And pizza Wednesdays with a large coke!

My level of stress has gotten high,
Between all of these assignments and written tests,
I wish this semester would just fly by,
Please MUN just give it a rest!

Maybe if there was more time in a day,
All these troubles I would not have to say.

I started this poem by writing the first line of each stanza and figuring out what to rhyme each line with. I knew the direction of the poem once I finished the first 3 lines 'a,b,a'. I didn't really use much poetic language in the poem, I just focused on trying to get the poem to rhyme correctly. I tried to fit in a form of poetic langauge by using imagery. For example I used auditory imagery when I wrote 'my boyfriend tries to tell me "it'll be alright honey".'

No comments:

Post a Comment